Senior Oracle Database Administrator
As an Senior Oracle Database Administrator (DBA), you will be working on both external and onsite projects.
As part of these, you will be involved typical DBA tasks as defined in the below responsibilities section, with possibility to participate in pager rotation for off-hours 24×7 support.
This position is located in Brasov – Romania, but may require travel.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Install/configure Oracle databases
- Database patching
- Database and application performance monitoring/tuning
- Implement High Availability Architecture (Clusterware, Real Application Cluster, Dataguard, GridControl)
- Environment cloning
- Production monitoring/issue resolution
- Upgrade Oracle databases to newer versions (e.g. 12c, 12.2c, 18c)
- Provide technical oversight in implementation and commission phases
- Take the lead in client relations, as appropriate, ensuring correct expectation setting
- Interact with and works alongside the Clients team
- May lead a team of junior consultants depending on situation
- Proactively build and maintain confidence of clients and colleagues
- May support business development activities or participate on multiple projects at the same time.
We are looking for people who have:
- 5 years of working experience with Oracle Database
- 3+ Years Oracle DBA on Production Systems and/or Oracle Certified DBA
- Strong Database performance monitoring/tuning experience
- Experience of Oracle products and solutions is desirable but not essential
- Basic programming skills (plsql, java, C++)
- Hands-on experience with several of the following: Toplink, Application Server (Weblogic, JBoss, etc), BPEL Process Manager etc.
- Knowhow of application server solutions is a plus
- Good Unix & Linux systems experience
- Strong Initiative
- Ability to adapt/adjust to the environment quickly
- Self-motivated; driven to achieve aggressive goals and meet deadlines
- Excellent Communication Skills (Verbal & Written)
- Excellent spoken and written English.
Please apply via form