We’re excited to announce the launch of a new product that helps run faster, paperless fuel tenders. It will mean far less admin, fewer disputes and better deals.
eTender is one of the first solutions to use the industry-wide XML data standard for fuel tenders, which was developed by IATA.
It automates the exchange of all tender communications and data between the airline and supplier – from the tender invitation all the way through to the awarding and declining of bids. eTender can also automate many of the other time-consuming manual tasks associated with procurement.
We’ll be running a webinar about eTender on Tuesday, July 24.
No more outdated manual systems
“eTender is the future of aviation fuel tendering,” says our CEO, Klaus-Peter Warnke. “It can significantly cut manual administration and shorten the tendering process. This is a huge benefit to both airlines and fuel suppliers, who have been putting up with outdated, manual systems for too long.
“An IATA survey found that up to 80% of effort in tendering is spent on administrative or data capture activities. In the 21st century, that’s unacceptable.”
Key features for airlines
- Automatic tender preparation and invitations – Import your fuel requirements and eTender will create a tender volume plan and prepare and send the required tender invitations for you.
- Automatic collection and evaluation of bids – eTender checks that bid submissions contain all the necessary information and if required, converts them into a standardized format. It then normalizes them and ranks them for easy comparison.
- Transparent and compliant tender process – All communications and documents are stored centrally in a secure SaaS environment. This means you can create a comprehensive tender report at the click of a button.
Key features for suppliers
- Easier bid preparation – You can prepare and submit bids quicker with eTender because the software pre-fills fields using data from the tender and from your master contracts and pricing database. Once submitted, your bids are communicated to airlines immediately, or when the bid opening date has been reached.
- Automatic notifications – You will get notified about new tender invitations or updates on your bid such as a new round, award, decline or cancellation.
Tested by world-leaders
eTender has been in development for some time and has been through multiple rounds of testing with leading airlines and suppliers. It’s received very positive reviews.
The solution is now available to all airlines and fuel suppliers, either as a standalone SaaS product (Software as a Service) or, if you already use the FuelPlus platform, as an upgrade.